- HertsHelp could also be useful: www.hertsdirect.org/hertshelp Phone 0300 123 4044 They can provide information on services/clubs/groups in the area.
- Carers in Hertfordshire exists to support people in their caring role. All their services are free. See 'Being a carer' page for more information on this website or visit website link below.
Tel: 01992 58 69 69 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: www.carersinherts.org.uk
AgeUK Hertfordshire provide a wide range of support. They have trained volunteers that can provide a wide range of help for older people:
- Hospital discharge scheme. Are you worried about what will happen when you come out, eg having adequate food and heating, how to get shopping or get to appointments.
- ‘Healthwise’, for people with early dementia or depression. Help retaining independence with guidance on healthy eating, exercise, getting out, social interaction.
- ‘Home Matters’. Guidance with bills, utility companies, budgets, bank accounts, form filling eg blue badge applica-tions, housing and care at home.
- ‘Visiting scheme’. Once a week a carefully matched volunteer can attend for a chat as well as identify any addi-tional support that may be of benefit.
- ‘Telephone club’. For support over the phone.
- Other guidance. For example, leisure and learning opportunities, community transport schemes.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, Saturday Mornings 8am - 12noon, Telephone: 0300 345 3446