Our surgery aims to provide the best possible care for all patients. We need you to keep us informed of any problems encountered and welcome your suggestions.
We work as a partnership to maintain and improve our patients’ health.
What you can expect from us:
- We will endeavour to treat you with courtesy, respecting cultural, religious and moral beliefs.
- We will aim to see you whenever possible within 20 minutes of your appointment time or if later you can expect an explanation.
- You have a right to complete confidentiality in all health matters.
- You have a right to answers where possible to questions you may have about your health.
- You may bring a relative or friend with you.
- You have by law a right to see any medical records written about you subject to limitations within the law.
- You have a right to appropriate consultant referral when thought necessary by your GP and to a second opinion when agreed by yourself and your GP that this is desirable.
- You have a right to prescriptions where appropriate. There will of course be times when they are not appropriate
What we expect from you:
- Please be courteous and polite when dealing with the practice team.
- Let us know in advance if an appointment needs cancellation and please ask for one appointment per patient seen.
- Please be on time for your appointments. If you are late we cannot guarantee that the doctor will still be able to see you during the same sessions as this may cause undue delay to other patients.
- Please be prepared to give brief details of your problem to our receptionists when requesting a home visit as this allows the doctor to prioritise his calls.